Part 9 Chapter 2"Why do they make things so complicated?" he asked the Englishman one night. The boy had noticed that the Englishman was irritable, and missed his books."So that those who have the responsibility for understanding can understand," he
manifestation noun/ˌmæn.ɪ.fesˈteɪ.ʃən/ n formal•[C] a sign of something existing or happeningShe claimed that the rise in unemployment was just a further manifestation of the government's incompetence.•[U] appearanceUnlike acid rain or deforestation,
Then one day the boy returned the books to the Englishman. "Did you learn anything?" the Englishman asked, eager to hear what it might be. He needed someone to talk to so as to avoid thinking about the possibility of war."I learned that the world has
Do you have a smart phone or other mobile device? Would you recommend it to a friend? Is it a piece of junk that isn't worth the money? Is it useful for texting or is the keypad too small? What is your favourite feature?Use this group to review your
persistent adjective/pəˈsɪs.tənt/ /pɚ-/ adj•lasting for a long time or difficult to get rid ofa persistent smell/skin rashSymptoms of the illness include a high temperature and a persistent dry cough.There have been persistent rumours that the managi
Hello my lovely friends. How are you? I hope you are super fine as me. In this discussion I would like to introduce our winner of the October’s competition. The winner is “Ensie”. Let’s congratulate our winner for this month. Congratulations Ensie.Go
salam for all muslims in this Group , I would like to share with you an amazing website for teaching kids islam , I really love it with cartoon movies and prophets stories , I really enjoyed listen to the prophets stories that i dont know before abou
"good on you" means well done / congratulationsExamples :"Good on you for passing your exams."- "I have given a lot of money to charities"- "Good on you!"The link
"around the clock" means 24 hours a day / all day and night.e.g."I'm so tired. I have been working around the clock.""This supermarket is fantastic, it's open around the clock."
Since there were some problems with the new strategy of this month that there are three winners of each word, there were many suggestions I’ve got from your side. Majority of members had shown their agreement to moderate answers by their suggestions
Hello. Let’s start our second challenge for this month; November. Here we go!Hint:The word of the day begins with the letter “I” and has 6 letters long.• Do you know who i _ _ _ _ _ ed the first electric clock?• Writing had not been i _ _ _ _ _ ed as
Hint:The word of the day begins with the letter “C” and has 11 letters long.• It was up to him to c _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ on his studies and make something of himself.• Water companies should c _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ on reducing waste instead of building
wound up adjectiveadjvery worried, nervous or angryShe gets quite wound up before a match.contemplate verb/ˈkɒn.təm.pleɪt/ /ˈkɑːn.t ̬əm-/ v [I or T]to spend time considering a possible future action, or to consider one particular thing for a long tim
Hint:The word of the day begins with the letter “T” and has 8 letters long.• They take his daughter and ask for 500 thousand dollars. They t _ _ _ _ _ _ _ him if he informs the police, they will kill his daughter.• I t _ _ _ _ _ _ _ him that I’ll fir
Have you tried learning English from the apps on your smart phone or mobile device? My daughter loves learning French from the "Baby Flash Cards" app I found for her. We have fun using it together. The French I learned in grade school is coming back
As we did in October, here another scoreboard for this month; November.Our November's Scoreboardnatasha yankovskaya = 13deuce666 = 10walid = 7nida = 6anele = 5Miss. Sara = 5Dreamer Girl = 4Monika = 4Nazie = 3Dreamer Man = 3mona = 2Fresh = 2sweet sand
Hint:The word of the day begins with the letter “D” and has 7 letters long.• I looked at my wife in d _ _ _ _ _ _ .• He wished to earn a living through writing but d _ _ _ _ _ _ed of doing it.• There are signs that many voters have already d _ _ _ _
Hint:The word of the day begins with the letter “E” and has 7 letters long.• Don’t e _ _ _ _ _ _ him by giving so much work.• Walking three blocks e _ _ _ _ _ _ s me.• I can’t wait to go home. I’m so e _ _ _ _ _ _ ed that I cannot do anything else.Ca
They were strange books. They spoke about mercury, salt, dragons, and kings, and he didn't understand any of it. But there was one idea that seemed to repeat itself throughout all the books: all things are the manifestation of one thing only.In one o