's Discussions (4238)

Sort by

Week 12b: Thursday, 8 May 2014

2352889967?profile=original2352889951?profile=original(1) News by Tara

(2) Mini debate: Cheating and plagiarism in schools

Reading (listening) of a short passage about the topic, vocabulary, discussion of some related questions in pairs, and lastly, short mini debates in small groups.

P.S.

1. Sorry, the pic

Read more…

what does writing give you?

Recently I decided to start with writing, I am talking about the blogs. I have been at home with the kids for a long time and honestly I feel I need to do something more not to become totally mad. I used to love writing when I studied so I decided to

Read more…

recipe

What is your  favorite  dish  and  would you like to share with us how  you prepare it , 

Pictures  too  would  be an added  bonus 

1457594_232115500282697_2010658219_n.jpg

Cheese Toast

ingredients (per 02 servings ) 

04 slices of bread 
100g grated cheese
01 egg yolk
01 tbsp onion finely c

Read more…

Week 12a: Tuesday, 8 May 2014

2352890013?profile=originalBig Town: Students to assume personalities of the residents of the city of Big Town and tell others about their lives. If time permits, there is a map of the town center and we can use it to describe to our partner how to get to your business or plac

Read more…

Week 13: Wednesday, 13 May 2014

2352889946?profile=original2352889991?profile=original2352890065?profile=original(1) News by Tara

(2) Video lesson: Thoughts from Brazil

P.S.

1. Classroom: 201 Erya (If mr Li didn't book a mediaroom for Class 1, they will attend the class with Class 2 at 3.55pm on Wednesday. Pse note it is the 4th class).

2. The 3rd picture is of Rio

Read more…

Week 10b: Thursday, 24 April 2014

(1) Listening to the News with Tara

2352889573?profile=originalWe will start the class with some contributions from the News with Tara.

(2) Movie

2352889549?profile=originalWe will watch a 25 minute animation movie and then discuss it in groups (with class feedback, as we usually do).

(3) Annoying habits

2352889591?profile=originalIf

Read more…

Week 11: Monday, 28 April 2014

Note: There won't be a class next Thursday, 1 May, due to the holiday. Students from the Thursday class are however welcome to join the Monday class.

(1) Discussion: Are you happy?

2352889457?profile=originalWe'll have a discussion in pairs about happiness. First we'll read a pa

Read more…

Week 10a: Tuesday, 22 April 2014

(1)Role play: Man Overboard

2352889363?profile=original"You have just escaped from your sinking ship and are afloat in a lifeboat. Unfortunately there are too many of you and the lifeboat is also sinking. Two people must be sacrificed. The two chosen will have to jump overboard

Read more…

Week 11: Wednesday, 30 April 2014

(1) News by Tara

2352889605?profile=original

(2) Music lesson: "If I were a boy" by Beyonce

2352889559?profile=originalThe grammar focus of this lesson will be on Second Conditional sentences (If I were ... I would ...) and we'll discuss gender issues and what it would be like to be a boy. Unfortunately th

Read more…

Week 10a: Monday/Wednesday, 21/23 April 2014

Note: The Missing Ring mystery solved ...

2352889338?profile=original

At the beginning we mentioned that there can be an 'ulterior motive'. Well, there was in this story! Emma was not a thief as she hadn't planned to take the ring! Cynthia Hummingbird, her grandmother, asked her

Read more…

Week 10b: Wednesday/Friday, 23/25 April 2014

(1) Listen to the News by Tara

2352889403?profile=originalWe'll start the Wednesday classes with the news by Tara.

(2) Mini debate: English Globalization

2352889554?profile=originalWe'll follow the same format as with our mini debate series: Reading the passage, vocabulary, discussing relevant questions, a

Read more…