's Discussions (4238)

Sort by

Topics On Relationships Between Countries

Here we may want to discuss treaties, wars, sanctions, trade, diplomatic pressure, invasions, blockades and other good and bad things that governments do to each other and their peoples.This is your forum to bring up a topic as long as you can tie it

Read more…

Harassment

There are many kinds of harassment and it is too common at work in some places. We can define it as picking on or teasing someone, or otherwise saying things to make them feel badly.There is also sexual harassment where a person in a position of powe

Read more…

The Ticking Time Bomb

An old ethical problem we see sometimes with law enforcement is the so called ticking time bomb scenario. You receive information about a crazy bomb maker and capture him, but he has already placed his bomb.You find his written notes which show that

Read more…

Blessing the tree(Jewish tradition)

/picture:Photographer: Harald WagnerLocation: Sossusvlei Nature Reserve, Namibia/A man was travelling through the desert, hungry, thirsty, and tired, when he came upon a tree bearing luscious fruit and affording plenty of shade, underneath which ran

Read more…

You're bigger than me

Backstreet Boys-BiggerFirst off I cant keep a promiseI'm no one to count on at allAdd on that I'm a cowardToo scared to return your calls[Chorus]But you don't careYou keep sticking aroundWhile I'm acting a clownYou're biggerLalalaCuz you're still her

Read more…

IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT ...

I saw a movie last night where much of the world was destroyed by some serious calamity. The forests were killed and the food supplies were gone. In preparing falafel and hummus for tonight I had a thought about losing a favorite food item or seasoni

Read more…

Ethical Dilemma

An Ethical dilemma is a situation in which a person is faced with two choices which conflict with their ethical system.For example in your ethical system stealing is always wrong.Also letting one's family die from starvation is always wrong.A person

Read more…

Medical Ethics Discussions #1 Euthanasia

Euthanasia we will define as the deliberate stopping of a person's life by the actions of the medical staff. Some people feel that this may be appropriate in some circumstances. Other people feel that in no circumstance should a doctor give a medicin

Read more…

The most difficult choice

The group would like to hear about your most difficult choice you have had to make concerning ethics?Here is a chance to tell what you think you should have done or to ask your friends what they would have done.We can all learn from each other.

Read more…

The Alchemist ( Chapter 1 Part 8)

Part8 Chapter 1The boy began again to read his book, but he was no longer able to concentrate. He was tense and upset, because he knew that the old man was right. He went over to the bakery and bought a loaf of bread, thinking about whether or not he

Read more…

Photos of fireworks.

My photos of New year 2008.I was trying hard to hold camera steady in dark, but it actually became great because I couldn't! (PS. Click on photo to see enlarged.)

Here I was almost able to keep camera steady.

This might be interesting too.

Read more…

what can you do about this ?

When a person or friend ignores you when you want to chat with ,what do you do since then ?Do you ,for example ,try to ask him or her the reasons why he or she did that or you ,in turn ,ignore him or her ?

Read more…

Words of Chapter1 Part 7

Part7 Chapter 1embarrassed adjective/ɪmˈbær.əst//-ˈber-/ adjfeeling ashamed or shyShe felt embarrassed about undressing in front of the doctor.[+ to infinitive] I was too embarrassed to admit that I was scared.financially embarrassedhumorous having n

Read more…

The fisherman and the businessman

There was once a businessman who was sitting by the beach in a small Brazilian village.As he sat, he saw a Brazilian fisherman rowing a small boat towards the shore having caught quite few big fish.The businessman was impressed and asked the fisherma

Read more…

The Alchemist Chapter1 Part5

Part5 Chapter 1The horizon was tinged with red, and suddenly the sun appeared. The boy thought back to that conversation with his father, and felt happy; he had already seen many castles and met many women (but none the equal of the one who awaited h

Read more…

The Alchemist Chapter1 Part6

Part6 Chapter 1The old woman led the boy to a room at the back of her house; it was separated from her living room by a curtain of colored beads. The room's furnishings consisted of a table, an image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and two chairs.The w

Read more…

The Alchemist Chapter 1 Part7

Part7 Chapter 1"I'm the king of Salem," the old man had said."Why would a king be talking with a shepherd?" the boy asked, awed and embarrassed."For several reasons. But let's say that the most important is that you have succeeded in discovering your

Read more…

CAD | Drawings| Let's share and discuss

This is one of my drawings - an Archimed's gear (not sure if it's correct name in English).Drawn today with AutoCAD 2009, just for educational purpose.

I will be adding new ones later. Feel free to ask or correct.P.S.I attached the DWG file. You can u

Read more…

DON'T WE ALL

I read this story today:Author unknownI was parked in front of the mall wiping off my car. I had just comefrom the car wash and was waiting for my wife to get out of work.Coming my way from across the parking lot was what society wouldconsider a bum.

Read more…