's Discussions (4238)

Sort by

"The Littlle Prince" Chapter 4

I had thus learned a second fact of great importance: this was that the planet the little prince came from was scarcely any larger than a house!

But that did not really surprise me much. I knew very well that in addition to the great planets--such as

Read more…

Words of Chapters 6 & 7

fond adjective (LIKING)

/fɒnd/US pronunciation symbol/fɑːnd/ adj
[before noun] having a great liking for someone or something
She was very fond of horses.
"I'm very fond of you, you know," he said.
My brother is fond "">of pointing out my mistakes.
Many of us have fond memories

Read more…

Words of chapter 2

 

isolated adjective

/ˈaɪ.sə.leɪ.tɪd/US pronunciation symbol/-t ̬ɪd/ adj
•
parentof__def__is__sense_b"">not near to other places
an isolated farm/village
•
happening or existing only once, separate
There were only a few isolated cases of violent behaviour.
•
feeling unhappy because

Read more…

" The Little Prince " Chapters 6 & 7

Oh, little prince! Bit by bit I came to understand the secrets of your sad little life . . . For a long time
you had found your only entertainment in the quiet pleasure of looking
at the sunset. I learned that new detail on the morning of the fourth
d

Read more…

"The little prince" Chapter 1

Chapter 1


Once when I was six years old I saw a magnificent picture in a book, called True Stories from Nature, about the primeval forest. It was a picture of a boa constrictor in the
act of swallowing an animal. Here is a copy of the drawing.



In the b

Read more…

Words of Chapter 3

modest adjective (QUIETLY SUCCESSFUL)

/ˈmɒd.ɪst/US <br / pronunciation symbol"">/ˈmɑː.dɪst/ adj
something."">approving not usually talking about or making obvious your own abilities and achievements
He's very modest about his achievements.

modestly

adverb."">adve

Read more…

"The little prince " Chapter 2

So I lived my life alone, without anyone that I could really talk to, until I had an accident with my plane in the Desert of Sahara, six years ago. Something was broken in my engine. And as I had with me neither a mechanic nor any passengers, Iset my

Read more…

" The Little prince " Capter 3



It took me a long time to learn where he came from. The little prince, who asked me so many questions, never seemed to hear the ones I asked him. It was from words dropped by chance that, little by little, everything was revealed to me.

The first time

Read more…

Social Networks in class?

Hi friends!

I've experienced very nice moments in classes about Social Networks I have done with my Intermediate and Upper Intermediate here in Brazil. I started asking them to search ab

 

out this theme as homework. Then, the next day, I took a power p

Read more…

HOME BREAD

 

 

 

 

This is my own recipe of this bread :

 

   -500 g of flour (white)

   -200 g of fine semolina

   -salt

   -oil (about 3 soup spoons)

   -yeast of dough (about 2 soup spoons )

   -lukewarm wate  

   -1 egg

   -anise

 

  so you put together  the flour ,semoli

Read more…

Words of chapter 5

departure noun (LEAVING)

/dɪˈpɑː.tʃər /US pronunciation symbol/-ˈpɑːr.tʃɚ/ n [plural forms."">C or noun with no plural form. Cannot be used with 'a', 'an', or 'one'."">U]
•
when a person or vehicle, etc. leaves somewhere
There are several departures (= buses, trains, ships or

Read more…

Words of chapter 4

asteroid event or thing."">noun

/ˈæs.tər.ɔɪd/US pronunciation symbol/-tə.rɔɪd/ n [plural forms."">C]
one of many rocky objects, with widths from over 900 kilometres to less than one kilometre, which circle the sun

reputation event or thing."">noun

/ˌrep.jʊˈteɪ.ʃən/ n [C usuall

Read more…

Words of chapter 1

magnificent 

/mægˈnɪf.ɪ.sənt/ adj
very good, beautiful or deserving to be admired
a magnificent view
a magnificent piece of writing
They live in a magnificent Tudor house.

magnificence

noun
/mægˈnɪf.ɪ.sənt s/ n [ be used with 'a', 'an', or 'one'."">U]
the spl

Read more…

Hungarian cuisine

HUNGARIAN GOULASH

2352630511?profile=original

First of all,I'd like to add the recipe of GOULASH(Gulyás-in hungarian),it is a typical Hungarian meal!
It is known worldwide and is a favorite of gourmets who like complex,yet characteristic tastes.

2352630561?profile=original

Ingredients:

500g beef,8cl cooking o

Read more…

THE TWO BROTHERS

The two brothers!

 

  Here is the story of two brothers who loved each other a lot and lived in perfect harmony in their firm ... until ... A conflict broke out between them. The two brothers lived with their work fields. They all grew and harvested to

Read more…

Who Should I Befriend?

To "befriend" means to make friends with someone. New members may not know who to approach. Can you recommend members who are good friends? 


I have so many people to recommend I don't know where to start. I'll pick the first 3 people who come to mind:

Read more…

beep problem

hi ,i hear when opening my EC lot of "beep" like when some one is calling me to chat,but i see no call just hear beeps ,so is it a prob in my page only or a technical one ?

--it's the first time it happens--thanks a lot .

Read more…