's Discussions (4238)

Sort by

My special recipe; Zeytinyağlı Yaprak Dolması

       

Hi Dear Monika,

Here is my special recipe had been inherited by my dear mother. I am glad to share with you.

Ingredients:

· 500g vine leaves (or cabbage leaves): as thin as possible

· 1 kilo onions

· 1.5 cups rice

· 1 water glass olive oil

· 3 cups b

Read more…

Words of chapter 26

dangle experience.""> verb

hear the UK pronunciation of this word"">/ˈdæŋ.gl ̩/ v
•
after_bullet""> parentof__grams__is__sense_b"">[Ior object."">T] to hang loosely, or to holdsomething so that it hangs loosely
Loose electric wires were dangling from the

Read more…

Words of chapter 27

daybreak person, place, idea, event or thing.""> noun

hear the UK pronunciation of this word"">/ˈdeɪ.breɪk/ n ['a', 'an', or 'one'."">U]
dawn(EARLY MORNING)

dawn event or thing.""> noun

hear the UK pronunciation of this word"">/dɔːn//dɑːn/ n [plural for

Read more…

Words of chapter 24

weary experience.""> verb

hear the UK pronunciation of this word"">/ˈwɪə.ri//ˈwɪr.i/ v in serious writing, or for communicating with people in a serious or polite way.">formal
•
after_bullet""> parentof__grams__is__sense_b"">[T] to make someone feel tir

Read more…

what's your favourite food?

miam ... miam ... miam ...
one of my favourite dishes is meatballs bakso.



Meatball is a ball of meat.It is commonly made of a mixture of beef and
flour, but there are also meatballs made from chicken or fish, rabbit or
mushrooms. The usual presentation

Read more…

" The little prince" Chapter 25

"Men," said the little prince, "set out on their way in express trains,
but they do not know what they are looking for. Then they rush about,
and get excited, and turn round and round..."


And he added:


"It is not worth the trouble..."


The well that w

Read more…

"The little prince" Chapter 23

"Good morning," said the little prince.

"Good morning," said the merchant.

This was a merchant who sold pills that had been invented to quench thirst. You need only swallow one pill a week, and you would feel noneed of anything to drink.

"Why are you se

Read more…

" The little prince " Chapter 17

When one wishes to play the wit, he sometimes wanders a little from the truth. I have not been altogether honest in what I have told you about the lamplighters. And I realize that I run the risk of giving a false idea of our planet to those who do no

Read more…

" The little prince " Chapter 21

It was then that the fox appeared.

"Good morning," said the fox.

"Good morning," the little prince responded politely, although when he turned around he saw nothing.

"I am right here," the voice said, "under the apple tree."

"Who are you?" asked the litt

Read more…

" The little prince " Chapters 18 & 19

The little prince crossed the desert and met with only one flower. It was a flower with three petals, a flower of no account at all."Good morning," said the little prince."Good morning," said the flower."Where are the men?" the little prince asked, p

Read more…

"The little prince " chapter 22

"Good morning," said the little prince.

"Good morning," said the railway switchman.

"What do you do here?" the little prince asked.

"I sort out travelers, in bundles of a thousand," said the switchman. "I send off the trains that carry them; now to the

Read more…

" The little prince" Chapter 20

But it happened that after walking for a long time through sand, and rocks, and snow, the little prince at last came upon a road. And all roads lead to the abodes of men."Good morning," he said.He was standing before a garden, all a-bloom with roses.

Read more…

Words of chapter 22

brilliant or pronoun.""> adjective ( VERY GOOD )

hear the UK pronunciation of this word"">/ˈbrɪl.i.ənt/ adj
UK Used more in speech."">informal very good
"Did you like the film?" "I thought it was brilliant."
She's got a brilliant sense of humour.
Oh, bril

Read more…

Words of chapter 17

wit noun (INTELLIGENCE)/wɪt/ nwitsintelligence and the ability to think quicklyShe learned to survive on her wits.pile verb (AMOUNT)/paɪl/ v[I or T + adverb or preposition](alsopile up)to arrange objects into a pileWe piled plenty of logs up next to

Read more…

Words of chapter 21

monotonous or pronoun.""> adjective

hear the UK pronunciation of this word"">/məˈnɒt.ən.əs//-ˈnɑː.t ̬ən-/ adj
staying the same and not changing and therefore boring
a monotonous job
a monotonous voice
The music became monotonous after a while.

monotonously

Read more…

Words of chapter 20

abode noun/əˈbəʊd/US pronunciation symbol/-ˈboʊd/ n [C usually singular]the place where someone livesformal The defendant is of no fixed abode (= has no permanent home).humorous Welcome to my humble abode!demand verb (REQUEST)/dɪˈmɑːnd/US pronunciati

Read more…

I can't access My EC

Hi All, last time I can't access My EC, million times I've tried it and I just found the words:

Maintenance

We apologize for the inconvenience, but My English Club is currently undergoing maintenance.

what does it mean, could you explain it to me? befor

Read more…

Words of chapters 18 & 19

footstool noun/ˈfʊt.stuːl/ n [C]a low support on which a person who is sitting can place their feetharsh adjective (UNKIND)/hɑːʃ/US pronunciation symbol/hɑːrʃ/ adjunpleasant, unkind, cruel or unnecessarily severeharsh criticismThe children had had a

Read more…

Words of chapter 16

spectacle noun (UNUSUAL EVENT)/ˈspek.tɪ.kl ̩/ n[C] an unusual or unexpected event or situation which attracts attention, interest or disapprovalIt was a strange spectacle to see the two former enemies shaking hands and slapping each other on the back

Read more…