's Discussions (4238)

Sort by

Setting Time

Hello my friends. How are you? Since I altered the time of posting the new word of the day, many problems appeared. Some member thought that I’m taking side with other members. Others thought that I want specific member be the winner. These kinds of

Read more…

wORDS OF cHAPTER 2 pART7 (1)

capricious adjective/kəˈprɪʃ.əs/ adj literarychanging mood or behaviour suddenly and unexpectedlya capricious childHe was a cruel and capricious tyrant.capriciously adverb/kəˈprɪʃ.ə.sli/ advcapriciousness noun/kəˈprɪʃ.ə.snəs/ n [U]mule noun ( ANIMAL

Read more…

Halloween jokes:))

HALLOWEEN JOKES

1) What do you say to a ghost with three heads?Answer: Hello, hello, hello.2) What kind of street does a ghost like best?Answer: A dead end.3) Where do vampires live?Answer: In the Vampire State Building.4) Why are black cats such good

Read more…

What did you chat on the mains today?

26th OctoberI was on the mains for more than two hours I guess, it was interesting, newcomers both learners and fluent speakers . Most were dormantthe few of us were interacting the normal introductions, little discussions about ideas of traveling in

Read more…

Words of Chapter 2 Part7 (3)

dismount verb/dɪˈsmaʊnt/ v [I]to get off a horse, bicycle or motorcycletreacherous adjective ( DANGEROUS )/ˈtretʃ.ər.əs/ /-ɚ-/ adjIf the ground or sea is treacherous, it is extremely dangerous, especially because of bad weather conditionsSnow and ice

Read more…

Here is our Prize !

Hello my friends. How are you? I hope you are super fine and very much alive as me. Today I’d like to announce the prize for our competition here. I sent a message to Miss. Benwell yesterday and asked her to include the winner's name in the e-mail wh

Read more…

Words of Chapter2 Part7 (2)

recurring adjective/rɪˈkɜː.rɪŋ/ /-ˈkɝː.ɪŋ/ adj (also recurrent)happening many times, or happening againThe father-daughter relationship is a recurring theme in her novels.For much of his life he suffered from recurring bouts of depression.LeFanu suff

Read more…

H.E.L.P.

Help..... not exactly asking for help, but it's an acronym of the gospel yesterday. The priest enumerated its meaning. H is for humility, we cannot pray and ask our God if we're not asking in a humble way. It's our way of showing Him, our utmost resp

Read more…

" The Alchemist " Chapter 2 part 7

I'm the leader of the caravan," said a dark-eyed, bearded man. "I hold the power of life and death for every person I take with me. The desert is a capricious lady, and sometimes she drives men crazy."There were almost two hundred people gathered the

Read more…

"The Alchemist " Chapter 2 Part 6

Part 6 Chapter 2"That's strange," said the boy, as he tried once again to read the burial scene that began the book. "I've been trying for two years to read this book, and I never get past these first few pages." Even without a king to provide an int

Read more…